Thursday, April 20, 2006

Murder in The South

Maybe it's the culture, maybe it's the water, but whatever - unsolved murders in the South have sort of a spooky quality don't they? Corrupt Sheriff stories compete with corrupt lawyer stories in Dixie. The victims range from "suicides" at the jail to so-called "hunting" accidents. In my new website, The Dixie Bugle(which is still in development)I wish to devote at least one column a month to a whodunit in Dixie. If you are from Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, Mississippi, Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana,Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, or Maryland and know of a story of an unsolved murder that has baffled the experts. Let me know about it and I will highlight it in The Dixie Bugle. In the meantime send me an email with a synopsis of the story and possibly the newspaper's name that originally wrote about it. I look forward to your input. Don't try this for a few days, but next week you can start visiting The Dixie Bugle

See the preview of Mike Thomson's book about the murder and rape of a 16 year old girl in south Alabama. See THE PUBLISHER




Massachussetts,Michigan,Minnesota,Mississippi

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I grew up in Little Rock. I know what u mean about unsolved murders in the South. In this part of "Dixie" I bet there's been more "whacks" than in New Jersey!

Anonymous said...

You oughta live in Lake County Florida dude...

Anonymous said...

How about all of Louisiana!